MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Editor Hot-Fix Patch Notes
PATCH DATE: May 19th
Our latest update to the MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Mod Editor contains a series of fixes focused toward resolving some key obstacles in modding support.
While this update is focused primarily on the MW5 Mod Editor, it will also require a very small update to the main MW5 game.
As before, if you are sitting on any modified versions of source game assets (that is, you've modified game assets directly that were not 'Saved To Mod' using the v2 framework), prior to release of this update we strongly recommend that all Mod makers disable the Epic Games Launcher auto-update feature for the MechWarrior 5 Mod Editor and back-up any source assets that have been modified (in their pre-cooked form!). We cannot stress enough how important this is, as any modifications you’ve made to existing game content is likely to be overwritten by this update.
Mod Editor Updates
- Fixed an issue where UMG Widgets were not moddable in the new Mod creation/packaging framework.
- Upon creation, Mods now contain a <ModName>Input.ini file contained in the /Plugins/<ModName>/Config/Input folder. New action and axis input mapping events required by your Mod can be added to this config file, which will be included during packaging. The default config file contains some pointers on how to add input events to the file.
- Note that input events can be added to and read from this config file while the Mod Editor is open! Saving the config while the Editor is open will cause the input event to automatically become available for use.
- Fixed an issue where copying a source asset to the ModContent folder and renaming it would still not resolve the reported asset registry conflicts. With this change, you no longer need to copy and rename the source asset in the source folder prior to moving it into ModContent; you can simply copy it directly into ModContent and rename it there. Please note of course that source assets copied into ModContent must still be renamed!
- Fixed an issue where two or more Mods containing override versions of the same source file would cause asset registry conflicts.
- Fixed an issue where ModContent assets were not being accounted for in certain systems, including Instant Action.
- Fixed an issue where deleting mod assets could cause the Editor to hang.
- The MOD indicator icon shown on the override versions of source assets is also now present over the original source asset.
Mod Editor Known Issues
- Certain Blueprints, such as the ProgressionFunctionLib, cannot be saved to a Mod as a ModOverride asset.
- Fatal Errors may be encountered when saving or deleting multiple override Widgets simultaneously to or from a Mod.
Editor, Hot-Fix, Modding